IT’S A GREAT DAY TO BE A CHIEFTAIN!
On behalf of the Bellefontaine High School Staff, we warmly welcome all students and our families to Bellefontaine High School for 2016-2017! BHS is committed to providing a school experience that encourages all students to become strong citizens through pursuit of academic learning, community engagement, and personal growth. BHS provides an exceptional academic program balanced with quality systems of student support and extracurricular opportunities.
Our personal message for all students for 2016-2017 includes the following reminders:
- Have grit. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there—try out for a sport, an academic team, or another extracurricular program. All students should consider joining at least one school club. And make sure to maintain your current friendships and develop new, healthy friendships.
- Stay focused on learning, stay focused on learning, stay focused on learning.
- Be resilient. If you experience a setback, acknowledge it, but move forward knowing that every day is a new day and a new opportunity.
- If you need help, reach out to your family members, teachers, counselors, friends, or the principals. High school does not mean you have to do everything on your own. The goal of high school is not to teach you to be dependent or to force you to be independent; it is to help you become part of a community.
- Take care of yourself every day by making healthy choices. Remember: You always have the choice to do what is right, and the time to do what is right is always now.
- Remember to be kind to yourself, to provide service to others, and to be kind to others.
BHS appreciates student and family involvement. To learn more about our programs, please explore our new Bellefontaine City Schools website.
We wish everyone a great 2016-2017 school year! Go Chiefs!
With Chieftain Pride,
Dr. Noeth Mr. Abbott Mr. Comstock